Energy is ever present in the universe and comes in many forms. As living beings, we have different reserves of energy, like mental energy and physical energy. We also have a reserve of psychic energy, which is the kind of energy that goes into magic.
Exercise: Sensing your energy
- Rub your hands together to get them sensitive.
- Hold your hands out in front of you, with your palms facing each other as if you’re holding a giant beach ball.
- Slowly bring your hands together.
- At some point, you should feel a very slight springy resistance as the boundaries of your aura touch each other. You may need to repeat this exercise a few times to get used to perceiving this.
- Congrats! You now know what psychic energy feels like.
Most people maintain a stable, unchanging level of psychic energy unless it is used or somehow depleted. If this is your first time trying energy magic, be prepared to eat a snack or even take a nap after you’ve practiced, because energy work will make you tired.
Note: A small percentage of people either produce too much psychic energy (energy generator) or are deficient in it (energy vampirism), so your mileage may vary when using personal energy.